Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Slowly buildling up mileage

Total of 17 miles of running this week. Probably should not do the 8 milers just yet, but a run doesn't feel like real training if it is not at least 8 miles. Saturday's run felt pretty good stretching out my legs for the first time to a somewhat decent pace. Sunday and Monday however, I felt the efects of the run in various muscles surrounding both hips and the lower back.

Monday: 3 miles recumbent bike, 1 mile run, 2 miles elliptical at the YMCA
Tuesday: 8 mile run
Wednesday: PT
Thursday: 0
Friday: 0
Sat: 8 miles 7 minutes faster than previous two 8 milers
Sun: 0 miles

I am enjoying doing all my running post surgery in the Hoka One One Bondi B. They look huge, but are lightweight and feel very good when running in them. I wasn't sure how I would like them, as I usually can't stand built up shoes and always like lightweight racers, but these feel surprisingly more like a lightwieght racer than a built up shoe.

The Purple Runner

No comments: