Saturday, January 28, 2012

Top Ranked Running Blogs


Marathon Training
There are a lot of good running blogs out there and many of them are filled with information, inspiration, and anything else someone just might jot down. I write my blog because I can go back and remember things I have done or tried as well as a place to find links to things I found interesting at an earlier date. I try to make Recover Your Stride a mix of the personal, injuries and recovery as well as a place to write about training and racing. I do like to focus on all sorts of injuries and finding out how the body works. I also have tried to include the history of running from my point of view having been running since 1972 and I think I have provided  lot of good information such as reports on the early years of the Falmouth Road Race. As a fan of the sport I include information on current elite running events and races that interest me. I also review books that I read, videos that I use, or other equipment that I find valuable. If you think I do a lot of these, you should just see how many books I read and running tools I try that I never mention here. I just like the sport of running, so my blog is a big mix of things I enjoy. If someone finds it interesting then I find that encouraging.

On the left side of my blog, I include some blogs that I like to follow. Some are from my local friends and teammates as I enjoy getting inspired by their endeavors. Others are blogs I have found whose authors offer good information on human movement and health.

Rick Kimbal over at Marathon Training Schedule started the new year with a blog post of his picks for the Top 100 Running Blogs of 2012 and I am happy to see that my blog is on the list at number 86, ultimately slotted just two places behind a blog called The Boring Runner!

There is another blog ranking website that lists The Top 50 Running Blogs. Rather than being based on an opinion,  Blog Rank uses over 20 different factors to rank the blogs in any category. Some of the factors include: RSS membership, incoming links, Compete Alexa,and Technorati ranking, and social sites popularity. Currently Recover Your Stride is ranked 35th on this site for running blogs.

I guess it is encouraging that someone likes reading my ramblings. Thank-you to all the readers who do check in here. If you are looking for other blogs to read, you might want to check out some of the blogs on either of these two ranking lists.

2 comments:

terri said...

Congratulations for making the list. I for one like hearing about other people's injuries. Misery likes company...

Jim Hansen said...

Ah Terri, what's the injury? We are working our way back to health and running I hope. Don't want to be stuck in misery! And Thanks!