Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Freeze Your Buns 4



Last week was a lighter week of running. I had two teeth extractions and two titanium screws put into my jaw so that also got in the way of training.
Last week:
Thursday: 8 miles
Friday: 8 miles
Sunday: 3 miles: Freeze Your Buns
Total: 19 miles



The running is getting easier. An 8 miler is now doable without much limping or soreness at the end. I consistently feel a little bit stronger on each run and my form is getting better. At the fourth Freeze Your Buns (results) race my goal was to break 23 minutes. I ran 22:55 and for the first time post surgery got under 23 minutes. However the 5 5k race I have run since the surgery in July have been the slowest 5ks I have ever run in my life. I actually looked forward to this race before the start (an old familiar feeling) to see what I could do rather that just entering to plod along. I felt better in the breathing department  and although I have a long way to go to get where I want to be, I can sense improvements coming. On the other hand, I have never been beaten by so many little girls in my life. Where are they all coming from?

Here is the new edition of Running the Show produced by Athletics Now.

No comments: