Sunday, September 1, 2013

Trail Climbs Sharply: A Running Documentary on the USATF-NE Mountain Running Series

Here is a just released short running documentary by Filmmaker Ian MacLellan, followed some of the USATF-NE Mountain Circuit runners through the six races. It is called Trail Climbs Sharply: A Running Documentary. I see a lot of familiar faces and teammates in the race videos and one of the featured racers is Jim Johnson, who also wins most of the snowshoe races in New England. While I enjoyed the video and scenes of the races, I particularly liked the last words of the runner at the end who says he will keep racing until the day a doctor tells him to stop as his body may fall apart. That resonates with me, as I have hit that point except I want to outsmart the doctors eventually!

Trail Climbs Sharply | A Running Documentary from Ian MacLellan on Vimeo.

No comments: